Business Development Coordinator
John Lord are the UK’s leading supplier and installer of high-performance specialist industrial and commercial flooring. Established for over 100 years, we have developed an enviable reputation for our high-quality products and unrivalled customer support.
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Coordinator to join our team at our head office in Bury.
The Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing an accurate and up to date CRM system which you will then utilise to provide a pivotal role in sourcing new business opportunities, generating leads and making appointments through internal/external sources on behalf of the Sales & Marketing team.
Areas of Responsibility
- To be an advocate and champion of the company’s CRM system, implement its use throughout the organisation and be responsible for the accurate uploading and cleansing of data on a regular basis.
- To secure appointments that co-ordinate with the diaries and geographical locations of the field sales team.
- To co-ordinate with the Business Development Manager to create pro-active sales and marketing campaigns.
- To identify shortfalls in the order pipeline and work with the Marketing Manager to suggest appropriate ideas for marketing activities ensuring that campaigns are followed up and evaluated.
- To work with others as required to secure larger, more profitable contracts based on opportunities created in the order pipeline.
- To produce accurate and timely reports on progress and state of the order pipeline and CRM system.
- To assist in organising and attend trade shows and exhibitions throughout the year
Required skills and competencies
- 2-4 years Business Development experience
- Understanding of standard sales concepts and business processes (prospecting, opportunity/lead management, sales reporting, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience and use of CRM systems
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
Salary is negotiable and will depend upon skills and experience.