Multi National Foods
A large multi-national food manufacturer turned to John Lord for a replacement specialist resin floor for its ingredients weighing area. The strict hygiene requirements of the ingredients weighing area at its plant required a seamless, chemical resistant, dust-free and easy to clean floor finish. Also vitally important was the need for the floor to be electro-static dissipating; able to eliminate the static charge caused by the potentially explosive fine powder ingredients. The flooring system recommended was John Lord’s own Epigard SL AntiStatic; incorporating copper tape.
As with many projects in operational manufacturing plants, the installation programme needed meticulous planning to ensure adherence to a tight schedule, to minimise dust, disruption to the plant and full compliance with health and safety rules; all part of everyday requirements for the John Lord teams.
A John Lord team of four fully trained and skilled employees, together with a John Lord Project Manager set about the seven day task:
- Work to ensure the substrate was free from dust and grinding of the surface to create a uniform profile to ensure the resin would fully bond to the substrate.
- A coat of Epigard FastTrac isolation primer was applied.
- A matrix of self-adhesive copper conductor strips was laid and connected to a suitable earthing point by qualified electricians. A conductive primer bond coat was then applied.
- The mixed Epigard SL AntiStatic was poured onto the primed substrate and hand floated.
- The completed Epigard SL AntiStatic resin floor was left to cure. This floor system was operational after 48 hours however a full chemical cure occurs in seven days.
After the installation of Epigard SL AntiStatic, resistance readings using specialist equipment, in accordance with BS EN 1081:1998, were conducted to ensure compliance: Certification was provided to the client.
"Epigard SL2/5 AntiStatic is especially suited to this specialist dry processing application. As our own formulation, installations of Epigard SL2/5 AntiStatic come with the John Lord Total Responsibility Package, a combined 10 year product and installation guarantee that means total peace of mind for you."
Dave Sleight, Contracts Manager, John L Lord
Product Technical Data
Newsletter Sign Up:
Join the John Lord experience and discover monthly specialist flooring information, case studies & other company news. We do not spam our friends!
To sign up to our newsletter please click the button below and complete the form with your details.