Due to internal progression, we are currently recruiting a Contracts Manager to join our established team at our Head Office in Bury.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for running multiple projects, of varying levels of complexity, from small repairs for local businesses to multi-million-pound works nationally on large construction sites with main contractors. Additionally, you will be expected to support Head of Contracts in organising and managing flooring projects to meet “Target, Time and Budget” in line with the business plan, and ensure that completed contracts meet or exceed John Lord standard levels of quality and service, creating positive levels of customer feedback, and ongoing repeat business.
Areas of Responsibility
- To always ensure that JLL is working to effective and efficient operational processes that both provide target profitability and a positive customer experience.
- To pro-actively attend and contribute to in house contract meetings and ongoing site project meetings to represent JLL.
- To make decisions in consultation with the Head of Contracts ensuring all financial and other risks are considered and minimised to acceptable levels in line with company policy.
- To work with others within the team to ensure clear communication lines are open and all contract related tasks are addressed.
- To take responsibility for site health, safety, and welfare of JLL operatives and others. Adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act and localised specific on-site health and safety requirements.
- To provide Site Foreman with adequate training, responsibility and authority levels relating to project works and in line with company objectives and to satisfy the individuals Personal Training Plan as set out by Head of Contracts.
- To ensure that sufficient consideration and site familiarisation has been undertaken to confirm appropriate levels of technical specification and standards meet company policy and best practice.
- Producing regular invoices in line with quotations. Liaising with Head of Contracts to ensure accurate additional costs are covered and invoiced and ensuring all associated losses are recovered and/or reported.
- To assist in successfully allocating and organising site labour, vans, and plant to satisfy the demands of the business and its objectives.
Required skills and competencies.
- Established Contracts Manager or aspiring Project Manager looking to take the next step in their career.
- Preferably degree qualified in a construction discipline, or with a construction trade background and established construction management progression.
- Effective project management skills with a good understanding of planning works & construction programmes.
- Exceptional change management skills.
- Sets realistic targets and achieves key milestones.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point.
Salary is negotiable and will depend upon skills and experience.
If you think you’re the person we are looking for then please upload your CV or contact us via email detailing your suitability for the role.